Naturally Inspiring: A Day Of Wool
Join The Woolmark Company, Parsons’ The Making Center and The Healthy Materials Lab as they embark on a day of hands-on activities and discussion to explore the broad scope of wool’s applications – from clothing to furniture to bedding.
The day’s schedule will feature a morning presentation on wool science, followed by an afternoon of workshop activities and a panel discussion featuring leaders in the textile industry talking about wool’s ecological impact from farm to fashion.
The Day of Wool schedule will be as follows:
10:00am – 11:15 am: Naturally Inspiring Presentation by The Woolmark Company to discuss wool’s properties, benefits, and various applications
11:25am – 12:10pm: NYS Regional Textiles Presentation by Laura Sansone
12:15pm – 1:00pm: Lunch sponsored by The Woolmark Company
1:00pm – 3:00pm: Workshop activities
- Weaving with Meghan Sickler
- Wet felting with Maya Valladares
- Indigo dyeing with Laura Sanson & Sayaka Toyama
- Digital knit demo with Kate Phillips
3:00pm - 4:00pm: The Future of Wool Panel Discussion, moderated by Dr. Timo Rissanen, Assistant Professor of Fashion Design and Sustainability at Parsons School of Design, featuring:
- Regional Wool Grower: Glen Cauffman from Pure American Naturals.
- Regional Manufacturer: Jacob Long, CEO of American Woolen Company
- Designer: Marcia Patmos, M. Patmos Founder and International Woolmark Prize Winner, 2015
Attendance will cap at 50 persons, so please register to secure your spot.