Mary Jane Schmuhl
Founder/ Creative Director/ Maker
Textile Studio: The American Fabrics Building/1069 Connecticut Ave/ Bridgeport, CT
Satellite Studio: 350 West 57th Street/ New York, NY 10019
NYTW schedule/Worskshop focus
I would like to open my studio to 5-7 visitors each day. There is limited space in my NYC satellite studio, and the building is residential. If possible, I prefer to have the guest list of visitors pre assigned. Because we will be working with dyes, and machinery, it's best to have no walk-ins.
September 17, Saturday 12-2pm with a 1 hour garden discussion to follow (2-3pm)
• I'll prepare a 2- 1 hour Textile/Knitting Workshops for each day followed by a 1 hour open discussion in the garden.
• Workshop 1- "Production of the Artisan Made"; machine knit cashmere and the finishing (washing) process.
Workshop 2- "Natural Botanical Dyes for the Artisan Made"- demonstration of small vat dyeing/dip dye methods using Natural Botanical Indigo.
- 12 to 1pm- knitting demo "Production of the Artisan Made"
- 1pm to 2pm- Botanical dye demo "Natural Indigo Dye for Artisan Made"
- 2pm to 3pm - 1 hour garden discussion/Q&A on local Artisan Made Production